Rabbit meat called as white meat. Have you ever tried this white meat? What are pros and cons in rabbit meat and their farming?
Rabbit meat Pros:
There are lot of pros are there in this white meat. It is the best source of white meat available in the market. Rabbit meat having lot of proteins, vitamins and minerals etc.. Those are effectively use for our daily life.
This meat having
- Vitamin (B-12) – it plays a critical role in the functioning of your central nervous system and metabolism.
- Vitamin B-3 – helps in converting carbohydrates to energy and manufacturing of variety of sex hormones.
- Irons – helps to increase or balance the red blood cells in our hemoglobin
- high proteins (more than beef or chicken) – helps to increase immune system and help to build muscles
- wide range of minerals – selenium is used to make antioxidants and stimulates sperm production
- low in fat contents – helps to reduce heart diseases
- Fewer calories
Rabbit meat is easily digested. It takes maximum 16 hour to digest but red meat (chicken or beef) takes 24 hours to 32 hours to digest. So it helps to any age persons who suffer digestive problems.
There are no side effects in this meat. Because Rabbits may take fresh grass, mix of hay, vegetables, pellets to eat and take fresh water to drink.
Based on the age of rabbits the diet may vary. Young rabbits take fresh hay (having high fiber) and alfalfa (having higher protein and sugar content). Alfalfa may not give to adult rabbit it is digested for them.
Because of this perfect care on rabbit farming, this white meat is too healthy for human beings rather than red meat. Lot of scientific researches done on rabbits. They segregate rabbits into categories A, B, C. Based on age, weight, health condition of rabbits this categorization is done.
useful links: how to farming rabbits, what are the various types in rabbits
Rabbit meat cons:
Till now there are no cons in this white meat. But someone spread unknown facts which they follow blindly. There is no scientific proof on those till now.
So friends now we know how many health benefits are there in rabbit meat. It is healthy for us in our budget.
Why not to include this white meat in your diet? Use rabbit meat instead of red meat and check the variation in your health.
All the best for your good health.